Monday, April 20, 2009

Official

I went to my psychiatrist this morning and he gave the official diagnosis of Bipolar I. I'm not entirely sure what the differences are between type I and type II, but I plan to read about it when I have the time. He put me on Lamictal and Abilify. It was $50 for a one month supply of both, it could have been a lot worse, but I'd rather them only be $10 each. He said it would take about 3 weeks to tell for sure if these meds will work or if we need to change it up a little. Pete and I have our first counseling appointment on Wed. evening too, so hopefully a combination of therapy and drugs will help me feel better.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Still praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the beginning of a new day. I have been thinking and praying for you. I am glad you got some answers today...and a new path!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers! Love, De

    ReplyDelete
  4. i heart lamictal! if you have any questions, concerns, issues email me. I've tried a few doosies and lamictal was 100% the best I'm still on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also do you have depression on top of it? its unusual to use both at once, esp on the first try. Lamictal is geared towards the dpressive side of bipolar but works well on mania. Anti-dipressants can cause bi=polars to become manic, keep a watchful "eye" and write down anything you want to talk over w/your dr or bring to his attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry bi polar mind is like ADD today. Lamictal comes in generic now and its a lil cheaper. once you are on full stregth dosage @ 3 weeks from now if you have access to the mail in maintenance med programs use it, a 3 month supply of lamotrigine (the generic) is about $55

    ReplyDelete